Saturday 7 March 2015

Wilmslow To Lyme Park

  Last week I went on a day jaunt along the Bollin river and the edge of the Pennines. Its a very flat walk, easy to navigate and a perfect for my first attempt since last summer to carry my rucksack. Since it was half term I took my younger brother who, while he's a big fan of football, does not see the point of walking. I expected winning so took my earphones.
  We set off early and were rewarded my wonderful frost covered landscapes.We walked across the field heading East of Wilmslow towards Prestbury.


  After about an hour or two we curved along a golf course across the bridge and past top o' hill and across Bonis Hill Lane and north east towards Adlington.

  While crossing these farms there seemed to be an awful lot of dead foxes, we counted at least five at different levels of decomposition. Didn't m,ake us feel very safe and we were glad when we left. The sun was high though and is smelt and looked like spring was pushing away the winter.
  Once through Adlington we headed up a wooded path and climbed the hill to see Lyme park's guard tower in the distance. It had taken us around four hours of walking, not particular hard ones, but it  felt like an accomplishment.


   What did surprise me is how easily I carried the backpack, my back hadn't hurt at all the entire way. The phone camera was also well tested and as you can see from the picks above, it isn't half bad. Will test it again when I'm off on an overnighter next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment