Saturday 18 April 2015

Day 3 of 3 Crowden to Hadfield



Short walk today, campsite to the Didsbury Intake's disused quarry, then back down to the reservoir and along the path to Had field. It's a day with a stiff climb over the first mile and then easy walking with pretty views.

  The night was cold and I woke several times. In the end I slept in to enjoy the final warmth of the morning. Not eating breakfast I packed up and headed out determined to find a pretty view from which to eat.
View up in the quarry while having lunch
View from the reservoir back to the quarry
The climb was hard but the views were great from the top and the path along the quarry pretty. It's on this path that I stopped and cooked myself some cuscus. It's the first time I'd done this in such a deliberate manner. I should have taken my shoes off and let them breath but worried about time didn't bother. My soles had began to hurt like on the Pennine way, the third day seems to be the painful one.
  The walk along the reservoir is flat and easy although I felt quite tired at this point and was glad to reach the train station and head home for a bath.
  Next hike is the big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment