Tuesday 9 June 2015

Day 36- Colden to Cowling 14 miles

   Struggled today, got lost in the moors leading to Clough Head hill and was forced to trudge through open moors to get back to the path- thank God for G.P.S. and View
Hunting hut? Along the path towards Lower Withens
Ranger. Trudging around Gorple Lower Reservoir you climb back up the steep banks to Withering Heights End at 448 metres before reaching Ponden Reservoir. Waking towards me was another End to Ender walker doing it north to south. He's the second hiker I've seen with pouches on his front half as well as his back, its meant to stop you leaning back but I think I'd end up stooped by the end of the day.
Winter House Barn Camping Field

  The climb to Great Wolf Stones quite did me in and reaching Cowling I gave up the ghost that I could walk all the way to Gargrave. I stumbled into Winter House Barn Campsite and pitching my tent wondered into town to find some Wifi. The campsites was a basic affair behind a B&B full of friendly chickens. Set just far enough away from the road and quiet it was exactly my cup of tea. The only annoyance was the clock tower whose electronic chimes marked every quarter of the hour.


https://www.givey.com/c/girlgoeshiking

No comments:

Post a Comment