Friday 12 June 2015

Day 39 & 40 - Horton-in-Ribblesdale to Hawes 14 miles

Cam High Road, looking back at Yorkshire's Three Peaks
  Straight forward day walking along the old Roman Road Cam High Road across the Yorkshire Dales National Park up to Cam Fell. You climb for most of the day but only 560 metres in total before descending into Hawes and rest. I enjoyed my carrot cake from yesterday's stay at Horton's Women's Centre as well as jam and peanut sandwiches I'd made for lunch.
  I met two of the ladies I'd met last night half way up. They were cycling the Pennine Bridle Way and dismounting accompanied me for a while. Also further on I met for female hikers on a weeks worth of walking.
Looking across Hawes towards Great Shunner Fell

  Hawes is lovely and full of cafes and shops as well as the great Bainbridge Ings Caravan and Camping Site with cheap laundry and open well groomed fields. The only downside was the campers who parked beside me talked till late. Not the worse crime in the world but I learned way more about them then I'd wished to.


Day  40- Day off in Hawes
  Wrote up blog on the morning while waiting for family to arrive. Spent a pleasant day wondering around town with them before lounging at the campsite in the evening.

https://www.givey.com/c/girlgoeshiking

No comments:

Post a Comment