Monday 4 May 2015

Day 0 Ready...Steady...What do you mean not ready?

I'm on my way. I've been sat on the coach now for the last next fifteen hours as I'm making my way down to Lands End. Judging from my sniffling as I watched a feel good film on my phone I'm more nervous than I'm letting on. It was good to have a few hours in London with some mates before catching the second coach to Plymouth. Might be a long winded journey but at nearly a hundred pounds cheaper than the train I wasn't going to be too fussy. As it's going to take me well over a month to make my way back I also need to stop thinking of time as an issue.
  There's been a weather warning issued in Cornwall for severe winds at the start of this week. Not a lot of rain but could be an interesting start to the trail.
  Last night I packed one last time, listing everything and been as ruthless as I could possibly be. Charged all electronic and failed to sleep. I also used a tape measure to record my measurements, a before and after well let me know the affects the walk will have had on my body. I still feel like a fraud and am terrified of failing now that the charity is set up and depending on me. Fitness wise I've failed, hardly having gone on any walks before and ignoring my gym membership. Some of the guides go into some depth on different ways of training, a hiker stated on his blog that he walked two 30 mile day hikes every week for the three months preceding the walk. I walked the ten minutes to work everyday... Well too late to worry about it now.  Perhaps I could be a poster child for slightly obese people getting outdoors, whats the campaign called? Britain on Foot!
 As I'm also a painter, and worked on a piece about body image, I added my measurements on top. After the walk I will measure myself again and see if there's a change.




No comments:

Post a Comment