Monday 25 May 2015

Day 21- Monmouth to Pandy 16 miles

  Today was a pleasant walk, most of it consisted of clearly marked paths through farmland, you skirt and cross the River Trothy and dip in and out of valleys, through farms and along lanes. Been a bank holiday Monday there were plenty of walkers about, and I encountered one as I left Monmouth. He was also a long distance hiker but on the last few days of the trail with the end in sight. He'd wild camped that night and left early. This was much more my idea of a hiker, scruffy sweet and down to earth.

  As you can see there is only one photo from today since there were few sites to speak of, that said it was a charming day with varied terrain which I was able to walk quickly. My pace was partly due to the two chaps walking about five hundred meters behind me. I'd passed them packing from a wild camp, nodded and thought nothing much more about them. Youngish looking, possibly early 20s. Then while I stopped to talk to a couple on the street I saw them fifty or so metres behind. Determined not to be overtaken I got a pace going which continued all the way to camp, and by doing so left then far behind. I felt childish but ever so proud.
  Reached Pandy, set up camp and took myself to the hotel down the road to recharge batteries and check on the tennis scores, Murray through straight sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment